Has your business accepted that mobile devices are now a standard computing option in the modern office? It wasn’t so long ago that tablet and smartphone sales caught up to PC sales; in fact, over two-thirds of CIOs and IT professionals believe mobility will impact their businesses as much as the internet did in the 1990s! Imagine that, enterprise mobility is going to be as big if not bigger then the internet. Here are a few more interesting facts:
- Up to 60% of YouTube Traffic comes from mobile devices. YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more people ages 18-34 and 18-49 than any cable network in North America.
- In 2015, the number of mobile workers worldwide (employees who use mobile devices for work) surpassed 1.3 billion!
- Each year, over 240 hours per employee is gained through mobile productivity. That averages out to be $5,114 in extra work or about 6 extra weeks a year.
- Companies have seen an increase in the building of mobile apps. In fact, 731% increase in custom built enterprise apps in recent years.
- Enterprises are investing $61 billion in enterprise mobile apps by 2018. Talk about a booming investment.
So, why does this trend matter to your business? With an increasing number of mobile devices used by employees of all companies, embracing mobility first brings a fantastic opportunity for companies to improve workflows, increase productivity and differentiate themselves from competitors. Companies need to adjust to meet their demands or risk being left in the dust! If your business isn’t mobile friendly – you are probably losing business.
Need a Mobility boost? Give us a shout to see how we can help?